Subsea Sand Management – Path A: Conventional Approach (B-FSM-177)
The Conventional Approach uses known or standard methods or technology.
- Install downhole completion equipment
- Reduce well output below sand production level
- Lower velocity in piping to minimize erosion
- Increase velocity to prevent solids from settling
- Design components with manageable erosion or increase MOC for longer erosive life (material type or thickness)
Leave sand in-place and remove during periodic maintenance.
- Rawlins, C.H. and Ditria, J.C., 2019. “The Subsea Sand Management Challenge – What to do with the Sand?”. Offshore Technology Conference, Houston, TX, 6-9 May, OTC-29278-MS. https://doi.org/10.4043/29278-MS
- Rawlins, C.H. 2019. “Enhanced Production Through Surface Facilities Sand Management.” SPE Distinguished Lecturer presentation. Link here
Next week I will continue discussion on the three category paths.