Sand Cleaning – Step 1: Slurry Dewater and Solids Capture (B-FSM-143)
The following actions comprise Step 1 of the package operation – Slurry Dewater and Solids Capture. These steps accompany the following graphic.
- The sand cleaning package is initially offline. As previously described it is set up for batch cleaning and designed as a 150# rated system.
- Initially fill piping, slurry cyclone, and accumulator with clean utility water. Bring piping up to minimum transport velocity.
- Introduce slurry from header. Bring slurry cyclone up to desired differential pressure.
- Slurry is dewatered with liquid overflow stream reporting to closed drains or recapture to processes.
- Solids captured to accumulator. Run dewatering until header empty or accumulator full.
- Stop introduction of slurry to header and post-flush all piping with clean utility water.
- Skid package taken off-line.
- Rawlins, C.H. and Wang, I. 2001. “Design and Installation of a Sand-Separation and -Handling System for a Gulf of Mexico Oil Production Facility”. SPE Production and Facilities, August, pp. 134-140. https://doi.org/10.2118/72999-PA
- Rawlins, C.H. 2019. “Enhanced Production Through Surface Facilities Sand Management.” SPE Distinguished Lecturer presentation. Link here
Next week I will cover Step 2 – the Cleaning cycle.