Sand Cleaning – Step 3: Cleaned Sand Discharge (B-FSM-145)
The following actions comprise Step 3 of the package operation – Cleaned Sand Discharge. These steps accompany the following graphic.
- Flow to sand cleaning cyclone stopped redirected to disposal line
- Utility water flow continues to cyclonic jetting device and eductor until solids completely discharged from accumulator (based on time or concentration)
- Discharged (clean) solids go to sump caisson or bagging/dewatering station
- Utility water runs through eductor and piping to post-flush
- Rawlins, C.H. and Wang, I. 2001. “Design and Installation of a Sand-Separation and -Handling System for a Gulf of Mexico Oil Production Facility”. SPE Production and Facilities, August, pp. 134-140. https://doi.org/10.2118/72999-PA
- Rawlins, C.H. 2019. “Enhanced Production Through Surface Facilities Sand Management.” SPE Distinguished Lecturer presentation. Link here
Next week I will cover Step 4 – ready system for next batch.