Sand Cleaning – Step 4: Ready System for Next Batch (B-FSM-146)
The following actions comprise Step 3 of the package operation – Cleaned Sand Discharge. These steps accompany the following graphic.
- Stop discharge flow to caisson
- Stop utility water flow to eductor
- Stop slurry flow to eductor
- Introduce clean utility water to accumulator through cyclonic jetting device until accumulator is filled
- Stop utility water flow to cyclonic jetting device
- Open valves to slurry cyclone
- System is ready to receive next batch of oil-sand slurry from primary processing
- Rawlins, C.H. and Wang, I. 2001. “Design and Installation of a Sand-Separation and -Handling System for a Gulf of Mexico Oil Production Facility”. SPE Production and Facilities, August, pp. 134-140. https://doi.org/10.2118/72999-PA
- Rawlins, C.H. 2019. “Enhanced Production Through Surface Facilities Sand Management.” SPE Distinguished Lecturer presentation. Link here
Next week I will cover chemical component effects on sand cleaning.