Wellhead Screen-Filter – Mechanical Design (post B-FSM-109)
The wellhead screen-filter is supplied as a transportable skid with the following mechanical characteristics.
Skid Size (full skid with valves/piping/instruments)
- 10K/15K = 3 m W x 4 m D x 5 m H
- Vertical standard
- 10-15 T
- API: 5K, 10K, 15K
Materials of Construction
- Vessel: 4130 CS
- Screen: 316 SS
- Instrumentation: Inlet-Overflow DPI, Inlet PI
- Valves: Unit isolation, discharge, vent, and flush
- Normally operated manual (valves) but can be automated
- Rawlins, C.H., “Sand Management Methodologies for Sustained Facilities Operations”, Oil & Gas Facilities, Vol. 2, No. 5, October 2013, pp. 27-34. https://doi.org/10.2118/1013-0027-OGF
Next week I will finish the discussion on WSF by listing key items and technical paper references.